Maybo helps organisations to reduce the risk of behaviours of concern and harm through the provision of engaging, outcome-focused training programmes.
We are a privately-owned company that was set up in the UK over 25 years ago. In 2008 Maybo Australia was founded and in 2011 we expanded into New Zealand, working across both countries to reduce risk, while supporting positive and safer outcomes to be achieved wherever there is the potential for conflict or behaviours of concern.
Our team is based in Sydney and Brisbane, Australia, but we are looking for someone who has the passion and dedication to be Maybo’s key representative in New Zealand.
The main areas that we provide training include:
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Promoting Human Rights and Reducing Restrictive Practices
- Positive Approaches to Behaviour and Safer de-escalation skills
- Respectful, low arousal Physical Intervention skills
Duties and responsibilities
- Facilitating engaging training programmes across a wide range of sectors that include healthcare, disability, youth, mental health, aged care, retail and local government, with direct delivery and “Train the Trainer” teaching approaches.
- Assessing and coaching our Train the Trainer delivery programme to support in-house delivery with an ability to provide feedback in a sensitive, attuned and constructive manner.
- Work collaboratively with customers to support ongoing development and maintain relationships.
- Frontline operational experience working with service users in one of our core sectors - disability, mental health, youth services, healthcare.
- A minimum of 2 years experience of knowledge and working with, developing, implementing or writing Positive Behaviour Support Plans for people with intellectual disability.
- Well-developed knowledge of Person-Centred Approaches.
- Ability to travel throughout New Zealand on a regular basis with current Driving Licence and valid Passport. Travel opportunities to Australia.
- A willingness to learn and develop a broad range of skills across different sectors, a commitment to continuous development, flexible in approach.
- Ability to work independently from home.
- Experience in learning and development in the disability or community services sector.
- Degree qualification in relevant sector i.e.: Psychology, Social Work, Speech Pathology, Nursing etc.
- Knowledge of relevant legislative frameworks that work to reduce reliance on restrictive practices.
- Experience in delivery of courses on digital platforms ie: Zoom, Microsoft Teams
- Working With Children Check and Police Check
- Qualification in Training and Assessment or significant experience in an education and teaching/facilitating role.